Forum Discussion

VivekVishwanat2
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago
Solved

Dynamic Filters in Dashboard

Hi, 
I have 3 graph reports with the same set of Dynamic filters. I use these filters to compare the Customers by their amount of Purchase.
I want all these 3 reports in the Dashboard.
The problem is, these reports while placed in the dashboard doesn't show Dynamic Filters. 
I require this dynamic filters to compare.

Is there any way to show this dynamic filters along with their graphs in the Dashboard?

Thanks

------------------------------
Vivek Vishwanath
  • np, make a Web Page Dashboard element with your report but suffix the report URL in &ifv=1. That will hide the normal Quick Base Header area.

for example

mycompany.quickbase.com/db/xxxxxx?a=q&qid=5&ifv=1

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    np, make a Web Page Dashboard element with your report but suffix the report URL in &ifv=1. That will hide the normal Quick Base Header area.

for example

mycompany.quickbase.com/db/xxxxxx?a=q&qid=5&ifv=1

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      VivekVishwanat2
      Qrew Cadet

Thanks Mark,
      Now I can see 3 Dynamic filters, whereas I need only one Dynamic filter to filter out among 3 reports on the dashboard.
      (Basically, one "Dynamic Filters" for filtering 3 graphs of a Dashboard)
      Is it possible?

Vivek Vishwanath
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        There is not a way to do that using Dynamic filters, but a technique I have used to similar effect is this.  I will describe a setup where the risk of multiple simultaneous user is low.  When i implement it I use a slightly more advanced techniqiue which allows for multiple independent Users.

I set up a new table with one and only 1 record in it.  It will be Record ID# 1.  I put various url formula buttons on that record to allow users to quickly select choices in multiple choice fields, which are fields representing the various dynamic filter fields.  You do not need to initially make these URL formula buttons though to test the setup, users can simple edit this filter control record.

Then make a relationships down from this  single record to the detail records using a reference field on the right side of the relationship with a formula value of 1.

Then lookup up the filter value the user wants.

Then make a special versions of the reports to use that "Global Filter".

So for example, once this is setup, you will put that control record on the dashboard as a (single record) report.  Then user would click a URL formula button to select say a sales region and that selection will flow down to any detail tables and into report filters and refresh the dashboard, which may have many reports on it.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        markshnier2@gmail.com