Forum Discussion

qbadmirerqbadmi
Qrew Trainee
12 years ago

Empty left column in embedded report in exact form

How to remove first column (edit / view) for embedded report in exact form. I am using this ~=qdb.GetURL("bhjz7apud", "API_GenResultsTable^query={'13'.EX.'"+field["Record ID#"]+"'}^clist=6.10.14.26^opts=nos.ned.nvw.");~ for embedding the report. But my problem is one empty column is appearing on left side.

Please help

7 Replies

MeredithMoore5
    Qrew Assistant Captain

Ha ha ha! The old '.icr' column. Yes, this is accomplished by manipulating the CSS in the html of the form (so if you are editing building this through 'Word' you will probably have to put this in manually every time you save)

Somewhere below '<style>' and above the '</style>' stick this in there:

.icr
    	{font-size:0pt !important;
    	width:0px !important;
    	margin:0in 0in 0in 0in !important;
    	padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px !important;
    	border-top: 0px solid #ddd !important;
    	border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd !important;
    	border-left: 0px solid #ddd !important;
    	border-right: 0px solid #ddd !important;}

When you put the '!important' in the CSS it overrides the native css for that form. What the above says is get rid of the font size, nix the padding & margins, and get rid of all borders (except the very bottom one, as sometimes it renders a gap if it is not there)

I hope that helps. :)

------------------------------
    Meredith Moore
    ------------------------------
  • I am still experiencing this issue.  Has anyone found a way to delete that empty column?
      AdminEntry
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Wayne, I too am experiencing this. This empty column is pointless, looks bad, and just takes space away from the other columns causing them to look cramped, and sometimes causing the report to go into 2 pages instead of one. It's just bad.

I've added this request to the UserVoice database to make sure they keep it in their radar. If you get a chance, go vote for it to let Quick Base know that this is truly a needed fix.  

Here's the link to the entry:

https://quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quick-base-product-feedback/suggestions/31122796-remov...

Good luck!
  • Not that currently exists. You might be able to create a jQuery or JavaScript update to the HTML code to hide it however. I recommend posting this as feedback here: http://quickbase.uservoice.com and hopefully it's implemented sooner than later.
  • The empty column is where the edit and view buttons typically reside. Because your options argument is hiding these two buttons the column will still appear but be empty.