Forum Discussion

KatlynAllen
Qrew Assistant Captain
4 years ago

Everyone on the Internet role

I have created a role for "everyone on the internet" so that our restaurants can see their open tickets without being required to log in. However, now all of our vendors can see every ticket that is open in our help desk system, despite having roles set up to only show the tickets assigned to their company. Their individual role works fine when the "everyone on the internet" role is disabled. I have reordered the roles so that everyone on the internet is below all other roles, but this did not help. Any suggestions? I really don't want my vendors to be able to see each other's tickets.

------------------------------
Katlyn Allen

1 Reply

• So when you have an "EOTI" app that does mean that Everyone On The Internet can see that table.  So, you,  and me,  and your vendors and your restaurants are all part of the 3 billion or so people on the internet. 

One idea would be to create a Connected Sync table of your tickets and only share the link with your restaurants.  Then they would be able to see all the tickets data which is at worst 59 minutes out of date.

So that would be security by obscurity.  So not real security, but unless someone shares the link with the vendors, they will be locked into their own tickets.

I suggested setting up a different app with the EOTI permissions.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com