Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
10 months ago
Solved

Export QuickBase table to Sharepoint csv file

I have a table that I need to export and save to sharepoint as a csv file.  I'll need to do it once a month.

Is there a way to do this via pipelines without having to export to file to a shared drive and then upload it to sharepoint?

Thanks.

------------------------------
Carol Mcconnell
    ChayceDuncan
    10 months ago

The pipeline has it in the step output from your query. So in a simple example Step A in your pipeline would be to download contents to CSV, then Step B would be to take that download and add to Sharepoint. The output from A in the pipeline looks like below which includes that file_transfer_handle that you would use as the 'source' for the upload to Sharepoint. 

Chayce Duncan

9 Replies

• This should be doable, yes, depending on how large the dataset is. 

The process I would try and follow is to use the Quickbase Channel to Export Records to CSV, where you would provide a subset of columns or include them all and provide the query (or nothing for all records). 

That would give you a csv file object that you can then pass into the Sharepoint channel to then upload a file to the designated spot in Sharepoint you need it to go. 

Chayce Duncan
      AdamKrzyzanek
      Qrew Captain

Before Pipeline I solve it with:

1) Report Subscription to my mail (if report to big I split it per markets)

2) Microsoft Power Automate (previously Flow) to copy attachment into SharePoint.

Adam Krzyzanek
      CarolMcconnell
      Qrew Captain

Chayce, are you saying export the csv to a share drive and then do the upload to sharepoint?  I was hoping to go directly from QuickBase to sharepoint but if that is not possible, then I can export to a drive and then do the upload to sharepoint.

Carol Mcconnell
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

You should not need to, no. The Export to CSV step in the Quickbase channel creates a CSV file for Pipelines to use that you would be able to move into Sharepoint. 

You should not need to export it to a different drive, the output of step (A) above will give you a file transfer URL that you would plug into the step for the Sharepoint action to upload a file for where the file is coming from

Chayce Duncan