Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
12 days ago
Solved

Filter out some records on related table

I have two tables one called Provider records and one called descriptions.  The Provider is the child and the descriptions is the parent.  The descrition table has two fields named Record Type and Record Description.  There is one Record Type/Description combination that I don't want to appear in the drop down list on the form but I can't seem to hide it.  The user picks the Record Type 1st and in a second field is presented with a list of desriptions that match the chosen record type.  In the related description field on the form, I changed it from record picker report to another embeded report and I filtered that embeded report to not include the description that I no long want showing in the drop down but it's still there.

What am I doing wrong?

CarolMcconnell
    11 days ago

I figured it out.  I orignally had it desplay the related description records directly on the form and had a report selected there.  I had to change that bak and then add the report for the When used for data entry. 

3 Replies

• Filtering the embedded report should work. Is this on new form or legacy forms? Also, is it in the form or while doing a grid edit?

CarolMcconnell
      Qrew Captain

Legacy forms.  On the form, not on grid edit.  The field that should be filtered is Related Description.  This field has conditional values set.  I'm thinking it has something to do with this.

CarolMcconnell
        Qrew Captain

I figured it out.  I orignally had it desplay the related description records directly on the form and had a report selected there.  I had to change that bak and then add the report for the When used for data entry.