Forum Discussion

BaileyDesormeau
Qrew Member
2 months ago

Filtering an Embedded Report in a different app

Good morning,

I have an embedded report in the app I am working on where the data comes from a different app. However they have related fields. I am wanting to filter this embedded report by the field the reports have in common. The problem is well, i dont know how to do this, i am guessing. I am looking into "Filter using report link settings" and not understanding that. The context is that this embedded report shows assets that are related to the mission i am looking at. The mission was transferred to a different app because this type of mission is handled very differently than other missions. So to recap, I am trying to only see assets that are assigned to the mission i am looking at in my current app through this embedded report, but these assets are tracked in a different app.

Thanks so much,

------------------------------
Bailey Desormeaux

2 Replies

• Since it's an embedded report, your filter outright will be the report link settings. When you go into the report link, your initial value that is the match will come from the main app, and then the second input in the 'values in this field' will be the matching value in the target app where you're reporting. In this case you're targeting a whole other app, and then picking out the values between the two that make them match. 

Chayce Duncan
      BaileyDesormeau
      Qrew Member

Well it worked! That is what I was trying to do earlier. Thanks so much for your guidance!

Bailey Desormeaux