Forum Discussion

ShaneMiller1
Qrew Cadet
9 months ago

Formula to remove blank lines from text

Hello, I have a field that is being generated by a pipeline and unfortunately due to the formatting of my jinja, creates blank lines:

Is there a way to format this via a formula text field so that it appears as follows:

or perhaps edit the jinja2 so that it doesn't create the spaces. I am open to all recommendations

Thank you
------------------------------
Shane Miller

17 Replies

• Will the result always be in that exact format? ie, only 2 lines both starting with underscore?

_text

_moretext

Mike Tamoush
      ShaneMiller1
      Qrew Cadet

Hey Mike,

That's correct. I intentionally threw that in the Jinja2 so that I could hopefully format it using another formula text field.
      I have gotten close:

Formula field is as follows:
      SearchAndReplace([testing jinja2 pipelines], "\n", "")

Shane Miller
      ShaneMiller1
      Qrew Cadet

Sorry, to elaborate, it could be more than two items with a _beforethetext.
      My jinja2 code tests 15 or so fields to see if the previous value is different than the current value. The blank spaces I am experiencing can be anywhere, and there can be any number of _textlikethis up to 15 I suppose

Shane Miller

• I'm sure editing the Jinja is probably best practice, so if someone knows Jinja, that is the way to go. I am not very good at Jinja, so try this in your formula field:

var text LinesRemoved = SearchAndReplace([testing jinja2 pipelines], "\n", "");

Trim(SearchandReplace($LinesRemoved, "_", "\n"))

//This is untested and I am not sure if Trim will remove the first blank line that will be put back in replacing the first underscore. If it doesn't work, let me know I have other ideas.

Mike Tamoush
      ShaneMiller1
      Qrew Cadet

I agree with you about reformmating my jinja2. I'll leave it below my response to you in case anyone wants to take a stab at fixing it.
      Unfortunately, that formula doesn't work. I can't pin-point why it doesn't, I feel like it should.
      This was the outcome it gave me:

Shane Miller
        ShaneMiller1
        Qrew Cadet

Here is my Pipeline and also the Jinja2 that follows:

Shane Miller