Forum Discussion

BaileyDesormeau
Qrew Member
5 months ago

Formula URL Button Troubleshoot

Good morning, 

I am wanting this button to edit a field in the form I am in by changing the status field (field id 59) to "Complete", then I want it to jump over to the related parent and flip a checkbox to unchecked, then i want to jump back to the child table, not the form I was in. Is this possible? I thought i had it correct but the only thing code below did was change the status field to complete and then give me an error message about the table not existing or something like that. Thanks in advance!

var text URLONE = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid()& "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&_fid_59=" & URLEncode("Complete");
var text URLTWO = URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_INVENTORY_TRACKING] & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Related Asset-mission] & "&_fid_163=1";
var text URLTHREE =  URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_MAINTENANCE_REPORT] & "?a=dr&rid=" & ([Related Asset-mission]);
$URLONE & "&rdr=" & URLEncode($URLTWO) & URLEncode("&rdr=" & URLEncode($URLTHREE))

------------------------------
Bailey Desormeaux

7 Replies

• Can you post the error message?

Is [Related Asset-mission]  the correct field for the Related Parent Inventory Tracking? Is that the correct reference field for that relationship?  It's a bit suspicious that you were using the same field to identify the record to be edited in both  the inventory tracking table and the Maintenance report table.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BaileyDesormeau
      Qrew Member

This is the error:

my logic on using the same field could be wrong because I am new to these buttons! What I thought was happening in the formula is im editing the current form i am on, then i go to the inventory tracking table from the maintenance report table, and in order to get to the correct record i need to use the reference field from the child table (maintenance report table). Meaning the inventory tracking table has many maintenance reports, the reference field in maintenance reports is "Related Asset-Mission". Then in order to get back to the maintenance table, from the inventory tracking table I have to give that reference field again? I guess that doesn't seem right now that I write it out. Would i use the key field from the table im leaving? Sorry I am a bit confused about how the formula gets to each page and how it uses the record id and how you know which record id to use.

Bailey Desormeaux
        BaileyDesormeau
        Qrew Member

Ok, i just realized the second part is working but i had the action as 1 not 0, i wanted the box to be unchecked. So the final part that is not working is simply getting back to the default report of the maintenance report table.

Bailey Desormeaux