Forum Discussion

AdamKrzyzanek
Qrew Captain
2 years ago

Formula-URL: Open Target "In same Page" - DO NOT Save

How to create formula field (URL, Rich-text, whatever) to redirect user to static link and to NOT save current form and open it "In same page".

My table have and need to have turn on settings "Auto save when redirected away from the page." as we use it for other buttons.

It will work for if I select "In new window" but then previous unfinish work stays open.

------------------------------
Adam Krzyzanek

3 Replies

• I don't think that's possible.  Once you dirty the record by having made some kind of edit on it when you navigate away from the page Quickbase  needs to either auto save it or have you confirm that you want to discard your changes.  

You seem to be asking for a button that will automatically discard any edits on your page and open something else right in that same page instead. Is that what you're trying to do?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AdamKrzyzanek
      Qrew Captain
      You seem to be asking for a button that will automatically discard any edits on your page 
      and open something else right in that same page instead. Is that what you're trying to do?

@Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) Yes that exactly what I was thinking about.

I was afraid it will hard to do. I see 2 options:

1) I need to untick Advance Settings and change all my current buttons to "autosave"

2) I will change settings to "open it in separate window" and users will need to close the one without saving.

Adam Krzyzanek

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

yes, I agree.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com