Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
6 months ago

Get the latest record only on a table relationship

I have a relationship between team member and compensation.  It tracks all of the compensation offers to each of my employees.

I have a payroll report on the team members table that runs every tuesday showing me everyones payroll to confirm with our payroll service.  How do I ensure that it only returns the most recent create date record on that report?

Right now it is showing me the highest salary.  For some reasons some of the ownership reduced salaries so on the report I want to get the most recent date created compensation record, not the highest salary

------------------------------
Ivan Weiss

2 Replies

• np,

Make a summary field on the Team Member of the maximum of the Effective Date of the Pay Change. Call it like [Effective Date of Most Recent Pay Change]. 

Look that  field up down to the Child Table of pay changes.

Change your existing a summary field which is the Maximum of the Pay Rate include a filter where the 

[Effective Date of Pay Change] is equal to [Effective Date of Most Recent Pay Change.

So, the field will still be a Maximum but there will be only one record which will qualify.  The most recent one.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain

That did it!  thanks Mark!

Ivan Weiss