Forum Discussion

CassandraFriend
Qrew Member
7 months ago

Having Trouble with Pulling Down Information from Unconnected Tables

Hello,

I'm not sure if what I am trying to do is possible! I have three tables: Company, Contact, Project. 
Company is the parent table to both Contact and Project. Contact and Project don't have a relationship, but they could if needed.

When I go into a Project, I would like to be able to see all of the Contacts that are associated with the Related Company. I'm just not sure how to bring this information into the Project. 

Any help is appreciated!

------------------------------
Cassandra Friend

6 Replies

• No problem,

Just create a Report Link field on the Projects table.  You don't need to have a relationship.  Just configure the Report Link field on the left side with [Related Company] and then configure the right side by selecting the application .... (watch out for a popup blocker) and then locate the [Related Company] field on the  Contacts table.  Put that Report Link field on the Projects form and set it to display the records directly on the form.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CassandraFriend
      Qrew Member

Thank you so much! I didn't know about the Report Link field. I am not seeing how I can set it to display the records directly on the form, right now I only  have a hyperlink. Could you provide some guidance?

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

np,  on the old or legacy form style, just edit the FORM Properties to display the Contact records directly on the form.  There is a radio button for that.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com