Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
3 months ago

Help with Y Axis

My Y Axis is showing up on decimals, not whole number percentages. But, then others are showing the other way.  I don't understand why the difference.  I have done comparisons of chart setting and I can't see the difference.

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

3 Replies

• Probably doesn't help your with your exact case but QB charts are built in an attempt at a 1 size fits all so likely because the line chart is very specific and data point driven you'll get a different layout than bar charts that are more aggregate and tailored as more of a summary. The charts do their best with the data provided knowing that the actual format will very so much between app and use case. If you want your line chart to appear as whole numbers - then the best suggestion is to not try and fight the report and instead just do your turnover rate * 100 (assuming its a % field) and then plot that as a value to bring them more in line with each other. 

Chayce Duncan
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

.. just to echo Chayce, sometimes I have had to create a mirror formula field to coax a the report (especially ones with percentages) to format the axis correctly. Like [my percentage field] * 100 and use it just on certain reports that are uncooperative.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        TonyGonzalez
        Qrew Trainee

Thanks, Guys.  I just added parenthesis around my formula and multiplied by100 to get the results i was needing.  The charts look good and consistent now.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
        IT Director City of New Braunfels