Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
3 months ago

Hide Import/Export for EOTI

Nevermind, I found it.  I had been looking right at, just moved past it too quick.  For future users - Manage Roles\User Interface.  Right in the middle of the table.  "Hide Import/Export Links"

I feel like I am missing something very obvious.  I have a form that is enabled for EOTI.  I feel as if I have hidden everything properly and limited access, but the Import/Export option is still available.  This doesn't seem right, but I can't track it down.

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

2 Replies

• Just as a general recommendation for EOTI roles - you should check/uncheck almost every setting there is in the Role settings. Check every green check for 'All Tables' so that everything on every table is hidden, make sure all the Hide UI for are checked as a safeguard, remove UI to create and customize reports etc. A true EOTI role should have almost no rights in your app except to do the exact thing you want them doing. 

Chayce Duncan
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Yes, for sure.  Thanks for the reminder, Chayce.  And thank for the link to QB Exchange and the email validation.  I will look into it.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels