Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
21 days ago
Solved

How to add list of attachments on child record from parent record

I have a parent record with child work records.  The parent record also has child records attachments.  I'm pulling all of the information from the parent recod into the child work record, so the user does not have to go out to the parent record to see the details.  The one issue I have is how to show the attachments from the child record onto the child work record?

Tables Parent Table--Grievence  child record--Work record

Parent Table--Grievence  child record--attachments

• In your Work Record Table you would simply create a new field with Report Link as the type. You can call it attachments or whatever you find fitting. Once created - go into the field settings and do the following: 

Under the selection for "Match the Values in this field..." select the field for 'Related Grievance' or whatever field defines the relationship between Grievance and Work Records. Then in the second selection where you pick "to the values in this field" you would click select target and follow the path to match the field in your Attachments Table for 'Related Grievance' or whatever field defines the relationship between Grievances and Attachments. 

4 Replies

• Are you fine showing all the related attachments to that same parent record? Your easiest solution would be to create a new 'Report Link' in your Work Record table where you create the link between 'Related Grievance' in your Work Record Table to the matching 'Related Grievance' in your Attachments table. 

CarolMcconnell
      Qrew Captain

Yes, I do want to show all attachments.  How would I create a new report link.  There is one there already but I can't add that to the form on the work record table.

• In your Work Record Table you would simply create a new field with Report Link as the type. You can call it attachments or whatever you find fitting. Once created - go into the field settings and do the following: 

Under the selection for "Match the Values in this field..." select the field for 'Related Grievance' or whatever field defines the relationship between Grievance and Work Records. Then in the second selection where you pick "to the values in this field" you would click select target and follow the path to match the field in your Attachments Table for 'Related Grievance' or whatever field defines the relationship between Grievances and Attachments.