Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
7 months ago

IBM DB2 connection

Does anyone know of a way to pull data into quickbase from a IMB DB2 database?

------------------------------
Carol Mcconnell

8 Replies

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander

Carol,

I can assist with getting data out and into a SQL Compliant DB.  Retrieving data from DB2 is bit more complicated.

Don Larson
  • Hi, what do you need?    Update as400 from quickbase, or update quickbase from as400 ?   or dobleWay?

Marcelo Benavides
      CarolMcconnell
      Qrew Captain

I don't want to write to the DB2, I just want QB to be able to pull from the DB2.  I can download the information I want and import it into quickbase but I was wondering if there was a way for QB to query the DB2?

Carol Mcconnell
        MarceloBenavide
        Qrew Cadet

As far as I have been able to investigate, it is not possible, there are odbc tools that allow you to write in Quickbase but that affects the API count, which after an annual amount can generate monetary charges. If this is a one-time thing, downloading and importing is the best option, if this is something recurring and online, I suggest you rely on loading data for quickbase via JSON - APIrest (In this I have had a very good experience with codepage development )

Marcelo Benavides
  • Thank you all for the information provided.  I appreciate all of the assistance.  I think for now I'll just do the download and import.  I can use Altreyx to automate the process.  Maybe in the future I'll look into the direct connection.

Carol Mcconnell