Forum Discussion

AdamKeever1
Qrew Commander
5 years ago
Solved

Import Record Limitation?

I need to import 150,000 records into a table. The records contain simple text, date, and numeric fields with a total of 14 fields. I get an error message when I try to import the records:

I refreshed the page as the error suggests, but that does not resolve the issue. I also split the records in half and tried to import 75,000, but still got the same error message.

Is there a limitation on the number of records that can be imported?

#record #limitation #import 

​​​

------------------------------
Adam Keever
  • Hi Adam,

I see that error message pop up most often when it is an Excel (XLSX) type file that has some styling that confuses QB on upload. That error usually goes away as soon as I save it over as a CSV file instead, as that clears up the styling that holds up the import. There is a limit to the size of an import but you usually get a different error message when you have reached that limit that is more explicit. If you save it over to a CSV file type do you still get the same error?

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

3 Replies

• Hi Adam,

I see that error message pop up most often when it is an Excel (XLSX) type file that has some styling that confuses QB on upload. That error usually goes away as soon as I save it over as a CSV file instead, as that clears up the styling that holds up the import. There is a limit to the size of an import but you usually get a different error message when you have reached that limit that is more explicit. If you save it over to a CSV file type do you still get the same error?

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
  • There are some random limits listed here. https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/quickbase_limits.html do a CTRL-F on "import". Are you importing to a User field (there is a separate limit on that or 10,000 records).  If not, then I suggest cutting your import in half again, ie try to import a quarter at a time.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
  • Thanks @Evan, I forgot about changing to csv. That did the trick.​

Thanks for the suggestion @Mark.​

Adam Keever