Forum Discussion

CharlesDulaney
Qrew Member
5 months ago

Jinja IF/Else with some math

I have a pipeline snippet below that functions as require, however, I have two issue that I cannot get past.

The duration code below stems from an actual duration field between two dates plus days(1) to capture first and last day.

The snippet is part of a larger Outlook channel HTML email

/// SNIPPET ///

{# Duration between 2 dates #}
{% if a.duration>0 %}
Duration: {{a.duration}} Day(s)
{% else %}
{% endif %}

/// RESULTS ///

Duration: 86400000 Day(s)

/// Issue #1 ///

No matter what I try, I cannot deduce the milliseconds to actual days. Dividing my duration by 86400000 should give me 1 Day, I simply cannot get the jinja code correctly update to achieve this result.

/// Issue #2 ///

The snippet provides a line feed or break regardless if the statement is true or false.

------------------------------
Thank you so much,

v/r,
Chuck

11 Replies

• How are you trying to convert it? Something like: Duration: {{a.duration / 86400000}} Day(s) works when I test it. You can try {{a.duration|int / 86400000}} to see if that works as well. Worst case you could always make a formula-text field in your record that builds that Duration: Days(s) string and then just populate the email with that value as well instead of converting in the PIpeline. 

Chayce Duncan
      CharlesDulaney
      Qrew Member

Neither scenario works, Invalid Template...

Not sure that it matters, the email is a callable pipeline.

I think you're right, the time I put into trying to get this resolve would have been better spent converting it in the record.

Thank you so much,

v/r,
      Chuck

ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Strange. I am using the new Pipelines editor and I have it setup like this: 

Where dur_1 is a duration field writing to a text field. When I put a duration of 2 days in dur_1 the pipeline process and I get the following with no issue/errors

Chayce Duncan