Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

Make entire form not editable based on dynamic rule

Is it possible to lock a form from being edited, based on a dynamic rule? Or do I have to individually select every field to be read only?

------------------------------
Michael Tamoush

4 Replies

• You can use roll permissions to lock a record for editing. Make a formula field that determines whether or not the record should be locked for editing and use that as a custom permission rule.

but other than that if you want to prevent all the fields on a form from being edited then he would need to lock them one by one in a giant form rule.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi, Mark

I've seen many solutions from you and I was wondering if you could give me some guidance. I am wanting to prevent editing of a record on a particular form if a) the user is the record owner and b) if a particular field has a particular value (e.g., relation to head of household = "self"). I can do this field by field using a dynamic form rule, but there must be a more elegant solution.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you in advance
        Qrew Trainee
        Please disregard my question. I considered your earlier suggestion regarding formula field and that was my solution. Thank you