Forum Discussion

5 Replies

• Hi Kingsly,

When moving a table or tables from one application to another those relationships that were previously in place were part of the schema of the previous application so they do not transfer over. What does transfer over though is the reference field and its values in any of the child tables. For example if I am moving my Companies table and my Contacts table (with Companies as the parent of Contacts) the Contacts table will still have the Related Company field. What this means is that after being moved you would need to create the relationship again and while doing so pick the existing Related Company field as your Reference field. This will allow you to re-relate your records. Unfortunately, these relationships as they exist are lost during the transfer process. 
      KingslySamuel1
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Yes. But, I am thinking of getting rid of the parent table in this case. For I have built a new one now, which will be a parent for other tables. So, I will make sure to re-link it all and break the connection. With our limited plan, I cannot create another application, otherwise, I would have gone with copy application option with all links intact.
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Hi Kingsly,

So long as you make sure to target your existing reference field those records will all re-relate at once. The Related Parent field in your child table keeps its values, so that field still references its parent. You just have to pick the existing field that still relates to the right parent when you rebuild the relationship, it will re relate all of them at once. 
        ChristinShelton
        Qrew Member

Hi Community,

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue. Had two tables that had a one to many relationship, moved them both into two new, separate apps, but I still need them to have a relationship. My attempt to restore their relationship with the existing reference field is a failure. A new reference field is being created instead despite selecting the original reference field when creating the cross-app relationship. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there are work around I'm not seeing? 

Thanks!

------------------------------
        Christin Shelton
        ------------------------------
      KingslySamuel1
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Thank you Evan. That is unfortunate. But it is what it is. There are thousands of records, which all have to be linked again.