Forum Discussion

LisaColby
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Multi-select field

I have a multi-select field for fruit where the user can select any number of fruit in the record. If a user selects 3 different kinds of fruit, is is possible to have QB automatically copy the 'main' record with each of the different fruits selected?

------------------------------
Lisa Colby

4 Replies

• What is 'the main' record? Is there a parent to the record that this multi select field is on?

And what do you mean by copy? Put all the fruits in their own field? Just have one field with a list of the fields selected?

Mike Tamoush
      LisaColby
      Qrew Member
      There is not a parent to the record that the multi-select field is on.

I have a form that asks Name, Company, Date and several other fields and one of the questions is the multi-select fruit question in which the user can choose any number of fruits. What I'd like to have happen is that if the user chooses 2 fruits, the landing page - or another report, has 2 records - one for each fruit, instead of 1 record that aggregates all of the multi-select into one column.

This is sort of confusing to write out and I'm fairly sure what I want isn't possible with a multi-select field that has no parent.

Thank you for thinking about this!

Lisa Colby
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        How many possible choices are in the fruit drop-down list. I.e. what is the most number of fruits that could be selected to be duplicated?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com