Forum Discussion

BrianHunot1
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Name and rename pictures and attachments in attachment fields

Is there a way to name a picture attachment as you upload it into a record from the Quickbase mobile app? Also, is there a way to rename an attachment that is already in the record? Quickbase automatically gives it a file name when taking a picture using phone camera with a string of numbers which isn't meaningful.

------------------------------
Brian Hunot

5 Replies

• The Juiced multi file upload screen allows the user to add a comment to a field during the upload. I don't  think it can rename the file, but you could label the picture in a separate field during the upload. 

Typically they have a free 30 day demo period. 

https://www.juicedtech.com/file-attachment-multifile-upload

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KeithJusas
      Qrew Captain
      Thank you Mark.

And yes, Mark is correct we cannot rename files upon upload but this seems like a good feature request.  I will add this to our enhancement list. 
      See attached screenshot from our multifile add-on, there is a tab called "file details" where you can edit some data from your Quickbase record for the uploaded files.  I will see if we can add a rename file feature that would allow the entry of a file name and our process would download the file, rename it and save it back to the record.

Keith Jusas
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        That would be a great enhancement to file rename during the upload especially from mobile.  Those in the field taking the picture are the ones who understand what the picture is!

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com