Forum Discussion

MichaelPelzer
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Native Barcode Scanning Not Working on Tablet

I have a production management application that tracks stages times through barcode scanning.

On the production floor we have a number of tablets for our employees to input the relevant tracking information. 

The issue I am facing is that the native barcode scan feature is not available on specific tablets. 

The mobile version of the app appears on our ipads and cellular devices but not on android tablets. 

The android tablets are running the android application but are displaying the desktop version of the QB app. Any suggestions on how to ensure the mobile version is displayed so that the barcode scanning icon is available?

------------------------------
Michael Pelzer

3 Replies

• I was under the impression if you enter QB through the downloaded mobile app, it determines it is a mobile device. If from your device you login through the website, it will show you the desktop version.

When I login on my android, it shows me the mobile view and allows for the native barscode scanning. Check some other android devices. If it is only that one device, then perhaps it has to do with the software that device runs? In that case it may be a question for customer support.

Michael Tamoush
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

I agree with Mike. It's supposed up work. 

I am not sure if this is a helpful suggestion but in app properties there is a setting to force the whole app into mobile mode. But that would mean that your regular users would also end up in Mobile mode. 

There is some syntax that would allow you to create a button to get from mobile mode to desktop mode.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MichaelPelzer
        Qrew Member
        Thanks everyone. I'll escalate to support. It may simply be a limitation of an older model tablet.

Michael Pelzer