Forum Discussion

SyaefulBahri3
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago
Solved

New checklist field from field duratio input

Hi All,

I have a field duration. If the workshop duration is more than 1 day, it's possible to create field automatically based on input of  field duration.

For example, duration is 2 (days), it will create new 2 field  - day 1 and day 2. If duration is 3 (days), it will create new 3 field - day 1, day 2, day 3 and so on. The field will contain checklist - attend or not attend to track workshop attendance for each day.

Many thanks

------------------------------
Syaeful Bahri
  • This would be done using Form Rules. 

He would create say Five sets of fields assuming that a workshop with never go more than five days. Then you would use form rules to control which set of fields open up. You would end up needing Form Firm  rolls one for each additional set of fields.

If workshops are able to go more than five days, you might want to consider a different application design where one workshop record has many workshop day records. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

2 Replies

• This would be done using Form Rules. 

He would create say Five sets of fields assuming that a workshop with never go more than five days. Then you would use form rules to control which set of fields open up. You would end up needing Form Firm  rolls one for each additional set of fields.

If workshops are able to go more than five days, you might want to consider a different application design where one workshop record has many workshop day records. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      SyaefulBahri3
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mark,

Thank for your respond. I can not limit the workshop duration. I think your second solution is fit well.

Syaeful Bahri