Forum Discussion

JeffPeterson1
Qrew Captain
5 months ago

New problems entering address?

This is in the NEW FORMS:

When entering an address using the Full Address search it keeps putting the number AFTER the street:

After choosing the top address in the list,  it puts this into the address fields:

This is a new bug and is causing us a bunch of problems.  Anyone else experiencing this?

------------------------------
Jeff Peterson

7 Replies

• This is an extremely irritating issue.  You can switch the format of the Full Address field to 'United States' but then it won't accept abbreviated states into the State field, it will only take long form names (Oregon, but not OR).   Come on Quickbase! Fix this already!

Jeff Peterson
      ChayceDuncan
      Qrew Captain

Have you heard from support about the issue specific to your use case? I tested on my end with an address that isn't enabled for non-US - but I don't have the same issue when I type in a random address or the exact one from your screenshot. Seems to work for me no issue.

Chayce Duncan
        JeffPeterson1
        Qrew Captain

The support solution was to switch the format to 'US' format, but that created this new problem where it won't accept the state abbreviation.

Jeff Peterson
      AlexWilkinson
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Jeff,

I actually think a dropdown for US states is an improvement. It prevents errors by all those users who don't know whether MI is Missouri, Mississippi, Minnesota, or Michigan. But I agree that the dropdown should not be the last work. My suggestion is twofold:

(a) In the dropdown for US State, show both the postal code and the full state name, so that the user can query based on either of those.

(b) Revise the Region/Postal code values for the US to be a combination of the two-letter state postal code plus the zip code. So the value of the field would be, for example, NY 10017.

Alex Wilkinson

JeffPeterson1
        Qrew Captain

The problem is occurring when I have it set to US format and an automation tries to create a new record using the state name instead of the abbreviation:

"You must provide a valid choice for the field named "Full Address: State/Region" with field id 22."   -  It will not accept 'OR' and is expecting 'Oregon'

Edit:  I realize I can add another step to format the state name, but it's ridiculous that I should have to do that at all.  I would be using the international format since we use addresses in Canada and Mexico, but because of the problem in the first post of this thread, I cannot.

Jeff Peterson