4 years ago

"New Style"

Is there any way of permanently disabling this across all apps:

Nobody at my organization likes it.

------------------------------
USA USA

75 Replies

• It's horrible, please make it go away.

Royce Patton
      SamLopresti
      Qrew Cadet
      Dear whoever is currently in charge of QBase Development:

For the love of God.....

Please either make it so we can globally turn off the "new style".
      or
      Make the "new style" load faster than a one-legged dog on tranquilizers.

The "new style" is hot garbage, and you should be ashamed of yourself for forcing it on paying customers.

USA USA
        MichaelTamoush
        Qrew Captain
        USA want to start a user voice for this? I will use every available vote to support. The new reports are no where near ready, and are COMPLETELY unusable. I'm astonished that they don't have a constant string of complaints every day.

Mike Tamoush
  • We hate it too. We call it the herpes of QB. We turn it off and it just pops up again and again. There HAS to be a way to turn this off.

Meredith Moore
      AustinK
      Qrew Commander
      Even if you do turn it off for now they have already said the toggle will eventually be going away. It could be in 2 months or it could be in 6 months but it will go away. So learning the new reports, even if we hate them, is going to be time well spent so you don't have to learn them when you are forced to.
        AdamKeever1
        Qrew Commander

Adam Keever
      AdamKeever1
      Qrew Commander
      It needs a scroll bar at the bottom for scrolling left to right.

Adam Keever
        MeredithMoore
        Qrew Cadet

A great way to run a business... I don't know why they aren't listening to their customers anymore. They used to be so good about it. Now it is like "Suck it up buttercup". 

My biggest problem is that I group things so that the report will be shorter. Now it is longer than ever and I can't collapse it down. It REALLLLLLY sucks. I have like one record and four grouping rows on top of it. It makes no sense. It also makes me wonder what my Exact forms will look like...

Meredith Moore
  • In its 20 years history there have been several major UI changes that Quick Base has undertaken.  In a short time, after the transition, we can't even remember what it used to look like.

Quick Base plans enhancements to the Table report within the next few releases, in particular in the area of how the Dynamic Filters work,  and then inexorably, we will all be transitioned to the new UI.  

For now, if you don't want the new UI you can erase cookies and it will revert to the old look,  but eventually we will all be transitioned over to the new look.  I too currently prefer the  old look, mainly because that is what I'm used to, but I have clients who love the new look.  

The new UI lays a foundation for further improvements to features, including perhaps one day, inline editing of records while in view mode.  ie, no need to switch to Grid Edit to make updates. 

.. life as we know it will go on just fine in 2021.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SherryBlackbur1
      Qrew Trainee
      If the enhancement includes putting the dynamic filters in a column on the left, I'm all in on the new style (it's much cleaner overall), but the absence of the dynamic filter list is a big one for pretty much all of my 20K-ish users.

Sherry Blackburn