Forum Discussion

StaceyRenna1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

New to this

Hello,

I hope someone can help.  I have 3 tables - Locations, Exams and Contacts.  Employees will need to view all three at once as they are assisting customers.  I finished building the 3 tables and entering the data.  I've tried a few different ways to form the relationships but I am not getting the output that I need. 

I think I may need to set this up as a many to many relationship for all tables but I can't seem to get it set up correctly.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
Stacey

3 Replies

• I can work through the relationship setup with you but some questions first.

Are there standard exams being offered at different locations and times. How many different types of exams are there?  Are they offered at multiple locations?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      StaceyRenna
      Qrew Member

Thank you.  See answers below.

I can work through the relationship setup with you but some questions first.

Are there standard exams being offered at different locations and times – yes. . How many different types of exams are there-60  Are they offered at multiple locations- yes

Stacey Renna

Director, Training and Quality

Alliance HealthCare Radiology

Phone:  978.552.2693

Cell:  978.273-9729

RightFax:  602.324.8787

srenna@allianceradiology-us.com

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        I off to the ski slopes now so will be slow to respond for a while, but here is my suggestions.  You will need there tables.

Contacts
        Exam Masters - this will hold the basic description of the Exam, so ~60 records. 
        Locations - a table of the locations where Examinations might be held, so 1 record per different location name/address.
        Scheduled Exams
         - this represents a particular instance of an Examination being run at a particular Location at a particular time.
        Scheduled Exam Contacts - this represents a Contact taking an example, this would also hold their score. 

Here are the relationships

One Exam Master < Scheduled Exams  (that notation < means that 1 Exam has many Scheduled Exams.)

One Contact   < Scheduled Exam Contacts  (so the Scheduled Exam Contacts is the many to many join table between Contacts and Scheduled Exams.)   

One Location < Scheduled Exams

The contact record will have an embedded report link on the Form showing the Scheduled Exam Contacts (ie what exams they took).

The Scheduled Exam will have an embedded report link on the form of the Scheduled Exam Contacts (ie who attended at that Scheduled Exam) 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com