Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Next Due Date for an annual agrement

This has got to be a DB design question.  

The App is called IT Software Maintenance Agreements.  Table is Annual Agreements.  Fields are things like, Software, Vendor, Budget year, Budget Type (Estimate, Actual), Account Code, etc.  Next Due Date is one of the fields.  Problem I am running into is, let's say I paid for a five year deal upfront.  I would have a zero dollar entry for year 2.  Same for year 3.  I guess I can make that entry each year and then just reflect the Year 5 renewal date each time.  Just thinking there is a better way to handle this.  

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

1 Reply

• Gonna Answer my own question.  I can build, and not miss line items, my budget based on renewal date with a simple report.  I don't have to make "dumby" entries just to keep a agreement in the current budget year even with no renewal date.  Using a formula/filter should be easy enough.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
    IT Director City of New Braunfels