Forum Discussion

DanielBewley
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago
Solved

Notification Email: Fields not appearing or showing *no access* when user has permission to field

I have a notification email.  The recipient of the email (me) and the owner of the Notification record are both in an Administrators role that have no restrictions on the table in question.  

Yet when I receive the email from the notification being fired, some fields are missing and one field in the subject line is printed as "*no access*".  Interestingly, the fields that are not showing up do in fact line up with another role, 'Viewer' that does not have access to those fields.  But again, both the owner of the Notification and the recipient do not have any limitations on the fields.

Is there some way that the Notification email is using the wrong Role when determining what fields are visible based on permissions?  Does it automatically pick a Role?

Thanks for any insight!

------------------------------
Daniel
  • I found the solution if anyone else has this problem:

I had copied another Notification to build this new one.  The previous Notification had recipients on it that did NOT have access to these fields. Even though those users were no longer recipients, it seemed to be using the lowest permission level from those recipients.

I created a brand new Notification record from scratch, and with only the users that had access to all the fields, and it worked.

This seems like a bug to me, but with an easy workaround: don't copy Notifications, always create them from scratch.

Daniel

2 Replies

• I found the solution if anyone else has this problem:

I had copied another Notification to build this new one.  The previous Notification had recipients on it that did NOT have access to these fields. Even though those users were no longer recipients, it seemed to be using the lowest permission level from those recipients.

I created a brand new Notification record from scratch, and with only the users that had access to all the fields, and it worked.

This seems like a bug to me, but with an easy workaround: don't copy Notifications, always create them from scratch.

Daniel
  • When you get **no access** for some users; this could be related to an Everyone On the Internet "user" and corresponding Role.  If the Role is locked down; it could be that it is affecting your other role-users and sending out **no access** to the data that they otherwise can see inside the Application normally.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454