Forum Discussion

JENNIFERPASCHAL
Qrew Trainee
8 months ago

Pipelines - Send Summary Email of Records Updated

Hello -

I have a pipeline that looks through a table for records that meet certain criteria. Each record found is then updated. I would like to send an email summary of the records updated with one or two fields from the record (for example record ID, record owner, field ID 1 (status or record). I believe this would go outside of the For Each step (so after the loop of searching and updating records) but not sure how to capture/input the fields/summary of what has been changed. Is this possible to do?

------------------------------
Thanks in advance,
Jennifer Paschal

1 Reply

• OK. How about this for an idea. When your pipeline runs update, a particular field with the date and time of the update.

OK. How about this for an idea. When your pipeline runs update, a particular field with the date and time of the update.

Then make a new table with a single record in it for the purpose of serving as a parent to changed records. The record ID of this single table record will be one, and make your relationship back to all the detail records. Create a report link field on that record and impact report of pipeline records changed today in the group. The changes by say date changed.

Create a report link field on that record and impact report of pipeline records changed today in the group the changes by C date changed.

Then when the pipeline completes, you can update a trigger field on the Parent Record and trigger an email notification with that embedded report to go to whoever you like.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com