Forum Discussion

ShaneMiller1
Qrew Cadet
6 months ago

Pipelines | unique | list

Hello,

I have a parent table and a child table I am working with. 

The parent table has a field called [CList Master (Pipeline generated)]

The child table has a field called [Clist current page]

I am trying to create a pipeline that when a record on the child table is created, modified, or deleted it will search for the related parent record. Once found, it {{CLEAR}}'s the field called [CList Master (Pipeline generated)]. Next, it searches for all related child records to that related parent record. Once it finds all related child records, I have a for-each child record loop in the pipeline and (finally the Issue...) I would then like pipelines to update the parent record's field called [CList Master (Pipeline generated)] (which is now null) and list all unique [Clist current page] values.
I have attached a screenshot of the parent and child record as reference. 
Thank you in advance

------------------------------
Shane Miller

9 Replies

• I just tested the summary combined text relationship field called [Combined Text Clist current page] (viewable in screenshot above). I assumed it had a max amount of 20 for some reason, but after testing it doesn't seem to have a limit? If this is accurate, maybe it would be easier to create a formula field and have it list out all unique values from this [Combined Text Clist current page] on the parent table? Just a thought

Shane Miller

ChayceDuncan
      Qrew Captain

Are you just trying to combine the list of clist entries into a combined string? Or do you need to parse out uniqueness within it as well. The summary combined text list field is not capped at 20 - I believe it does cap out somewhere over 100 but I forget the exact limit. If you have concerns with that cap, you can use formula queries instead which do not have a the same limitation and will typically show all entries without any cap. 

Chayce Duncan
        ShaneMiller1
        Qrew Cadet

Hey Chayce,

Thank you for responding. The child records may go over 100, so I was trying to create a "fool proof" system using pipelines. Essentially, I am trying to create a clist for an embedded report so that the embedded report only shows columns which have data in the child records.  Formula queries may work at first, but I expect hundreds of thousands of records on the child table, so I don't think it will be efficient long term.
        Does that make sense?
        As an example:
        child record ID 1 may say: [Clist current page] = 1.5.17.34

child record ID 2 may say: [Clist current page] = 5.18.34
        I would need a field on the parent table to then show the values: 1.5.17.18.34

Samuel Trachy gave me the idea during one of the office hours. He helped me get the embedded report working with a clist, and then recommended making a dynamic field which houses the unique clist on the parent table

Shane Miller