Forum Discussion

BrianDunk
Qrew Cadet
3 months ago

Populating a Date field from another Record

I have a table with a Date field called "Verbal Creation Date".  This field is auto populated when a button is pressed.  What would be the best way to auto populate a field called "Previous Verbal Dates" if the Name on the record matches on a new record.  So in other words, if the name on the older record matches the one on the newly created record and the old record "Verbal Creation Date" field is populated, populate the new records field "Previous Verbal Dates" with the date in the old records "Verbal Creation Date" field.

Thanks,

Brian

------------------------------
Brian Dunk

6 Replies

• Bumping to the top.  Hoping someone has some insight into this.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Dunk
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

I think your question was kind of confusing so probably that's why no one answered, including me. Can you better explain the data setup in the records. What do you mean by the older record. What is the definition of the previous "older" record.  

Maybe you need to show us an example of what some example records might look like in a table and what the new record would look like and then what do you want to happen.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        BrianDunk
        Qrew Cadet

Hi Mark, sure.  Answers to your question on Older Record.  I am just referring to a previously submitted record prior to the new one being submitted.  What I am trying to do is show the date if this employee has had a previous verbal warning on this new record for a written warning.

I have a date field that is being automatically filled when an Exact Forms Plus document is generated.  That is the one being filled when the button is clicked.

What I am hoping to try to do is fill in a field "Verbal Warning Date" on the new record with the date of that field.

The rule is both records must be from the same name on the both records.

So essentially what this would be doing is going back through all records in the table looking for the same employee name and checking to see if the "Verbal Warning Document Creatio Date" field is filled in.  If it is, fill in the "Verbal Warning Date" field with that date.

Thanks

Brian Dunk