Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

Possible to check how many versions of a file exist?

Is there a way to tell how many versions of a file are in a file attachment field?

I have another post describing a caching issue with browsers and rich text file link fields. I have discovered a work around but it would involve knowing the number of revisions uploaded to the file field. If I could count the number of revisions, or even check to see if the name of each revision 'exists', I can defeat the cache issue.

------------------------------
Michael Tamoush

3 Replies

• You can get to revision history via the little clock icon next to the file hyperlink:

It doesn't appear that version details are available via the Record Query API call in the RESTful API

Justin Torrence
    Quickbase Expert, Jaybird Technologies
    jtorrence@jaybirdtechnologies.com
    https://www.jaybirdtechnologies.com/#community-post
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks Justin - I should have been more clear in my ask. I know i can manually see the revisions, I need QB to be able to check how many versions. The reason being, their is a caching issue with file links in QB, and the only work around we have come up with is to reference the specific version number (V1,V2, etc....as opposed to using V0 which incurs caching issues).

I can use a series of If statement and specific Version numbers to defeat the caching issues, but only IF I can somehow have QB test to see which version we are on. Even a simple test, to figure out if V2 is empty or not...

Michael Tamoush
        QBSystem
        Qrew Member

Did you ever figure this out? I need this as well.

Thanks

QB System