Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
7 months ago

Possible to display another record, within current record?

Is it possible for me to use a report link or any other trick, to display a record (and specific form), in the record I am currently in? Essentially, I would need to display a URL in some sort of embedded way, if that makes sense.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

7 Replies

• Answered my own question. Use a Formula URL field, and there is an 'embed as iframe' option.

Mike Tamoush
      JeremyMyer
      Qrew Trainee

Mike, just a curiosity, your embedded form, are you acting on it?  Like buttons and other workflow-y things? 

I've run into a limitation in the past where the embedded form is great, but only for 'looking'.  Any 'doing' gives me an error that for some reason QB disallows actions from within this embedded frame.

Jeremy Myer
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Jeremy - what type of use cases have you tried? I've been able to built fully functional code pages that the user can interact with via a code page that I embed as an iframe on a URL. One example is a custom grid-edit to replace the native one so I can employ searchable dropdowns, auto-fill, grid form rules etc, all of these with no issue. Depending on the link you're using probably determines the 'view' versus 'edit' capability as opposed to the limitation of the iFrame itself. 

Chayce Duncan