Forum Discussion

BarryDolan
Qrew Cadet
3 months ago

POST API call returning 404 error

I'm hoping there's something simple I'm missing here. I'm building an app to eventually have users update a record. I'm a newbie when it comes to this, so I have low confidence even in the questions I'm asking.

I'm using Ionic Framework to build an Angular app. The issue is this; when I click a button on the app I want to send a payload, in this case it's updating one field with some text, just as a test to get it working.

I feel like I'm knocking at the door but it's not opening. When I use API Documentation and test the POST request it works perfectly and I'm able to update the targeted field. But when I trigger the request on the app all I get is error 404: Not Found.

I'll be happy to share the code, but first I'd be interested if someone is willing to examine it to see if there's a simple fix that will work, or if it's something that is going to require many programming hours and a hefty fee. If the later is the case then this may not be the correct forum to work this issue out.

If interested please let me know what you need to see first. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

------------------------------
Barry Dolan

3 Replies

• When you're testing it - are you doing it through the API Docs page where they have the inputs to test it out? I can try and see what might be the issue if you do a screenshot or copy the POST you're making in your app

Chayce Duncan
      BarryDolan
      Qrew Cadet

Yes, I testing it in the API Portal. Just a few minutes ago I was able to get it working using Postman. That gave me some insight into how the URL should be constructed. So I made some updates in the code and now it's working.

I was just about at my wit's end with this project, but now the doors open. On to the next hurdle!

Barry Dolan
        BrianSeymour
        Qrew Cadet

Stick with it, you'll get it! Make sure you are hitting the endpoint with the "right verb" too, such as POST vs. GET.

Brian Seymour