Forum Discussion

JoshuaGray
Qrew Member
7 years ago

Printable PO Issue with lookup field

Hi,
I'm new to QB and trying to correct a problem we are encountering with a form that a previous team member had built for us.

We have a PO print page being generate using the following code:
URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&pagename="& URLEncode("P.O. Form2.html") & "&clist=a&rid=" & [Record ID#]

The generated URL ends in:  db/bix4vkfdb?a=dbpage&pagename=P.O.%20Form2.html

The field highlighted in yellow (below) is always blank when it populates so I believe the lookup field is wrong.

I cannot find this form to edit the lookup field value as it's not listed in the "forms" area.  Any ideas how I find this to edit and correct it?  Also, how do I know the fields actual lookup value?  I don't see that in the fields area.

1 Reply

• Hi Joshua,

The form that you are viewing looks as though it was created with our Exact Form functionality. It is a plug in that uses Microsoft Word on a Windows computer to create an invoice or document that draws data from the various fields in Quick Base. In order to access it you would want to download the Exact Forms template for Microsoft Word. They are in the help document linked below along with information on the Exact Forms functionality:

https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/creating_exact_forms.html

It is possible since it was created the Imports By field has been removed from the App or had its name changed. You would want to look through your fields to see if there is any field that currently contains the information you would want to display in that part of the invoice. Alternatively, if it is gone does the field need to be replaced or removed from that invoice? If you need further help on this and would like someone to walk you through how these Exact Forms can be opened and edited I would encourage you to create a Support Case, our Care Team can help to walk you through accessing an Exact Form for editing. You can create a new case at the link below or by clicking Help in the tool bar at the very top of your page in Quick Base and selecting Manage Support Cases. 

https://www.quickbase.com/search?newcase=true

That way we can help make sure you are back up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your question Joshua, inheriting an application another user was building out can take some time to map out.