Forum Discussion

CarlyEpley
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Printing New Forms

Is there a way to print the new form format? 

------------------------------
Carly Epley

9 Replies

• Hey Carly, 

Thanks for reaching out! Printing records using our new forms isn't supported yet, but it is in our near-term plans. Make sure to add this request to our feedback platform, it helps us gauge customer demand and you'll be notified of any updates in our progess.

Best,

Ryan

Ryan Murray
      JoelHickok
      Qrew Cadet

Ryan, with all due respect to the feedback approach you are suggesting here, it feels wrong that the customer has to submit feedback just to get standard features added back into a product that has been around for years.

Examples:

• ifv=1
      • Print form action
      • Embedded reports that are sleek and don't have large full-row buttons and widgets at the top, which cannot be removed (Full Report and Search Records).
      • Copy record

Alright everybody, I guess if we scream loud enough about getting the old standard features back in New Forms we may be taken more seriously.  Submit feedback!

AnnSwelgin1
      Qrew Member

Hey Ryan, Great job at Empower!!  is it possible to create a button formula to print the record in the interim? 

Ann Swelgin
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

FWIW, I tried the usual syntax ?a=printr&rid= ... and it printed on an old form style.  It did not use the default form on that table which was a new form.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
    Winss
    Qrew Trainee

I tried the new form design today after being hesitant to use it after their release. After all the formatting is done i went to create a button for printing the form and I came to know that this feature to print is not yet available in the new form design.
    I wanted to express my disappointment as this resulted in a significant loss of time on my end.
    I would like to kindly suggest that future updates be more comprehensive in terms of functionality before being rolled out to users.

Winss