Forum Discussion

JenniferMeyer
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Project Management Scheduling (Loom Video)

Here is the loom video to my question: Project Management Scheduling

------------------------------
Jennifer Meyer

3 Replies

• Let's start with the basics. You want to be able to drag and drop calendar entries on a calendar. I suggest that you make the report a full page rather than embedded in that dashboard so that the calendar entries will be larger and show more data.

You can then drag and drop the calendar entries as long as both the start date and the end date of the appointment is a data entry field and not a formula field. 

So I'm either thinking that you were not aware that you can drag and drop calendar entries and also stretch them bigger or smaller to make them have more or less time or else either the start date or the end date of the appointment is a formula field. Once you have a formula field and you are not able to drag and drop the calendar entries.

If that is the case and yet you walk the end date to default you can use a form rule to auto set the end time of the calendar entry when it is blank and that way it will auto populate but still be able to be dragged and dropped. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JenniferMeyer
      Qrew Member
      Okay, you're right. Thank you so much for the help.  I did not know that I could do that.  I had to change the date field to date/time field.  

So that fixes my first part.  The next question I have is.... can I have a list of jobs at the top of the page that are active and can be dragged into the calendar? 

What I am looking for is to have each Project Manager see an ongoing list of their jobs and be able to drag and drop new apts into the calendar.  Does this make sense?

Jennifer Meyer
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Well, the calendar pretty much mimics the behaviour of an outlook calendar and there's not really a parking lot above or beside the calendar to drag unscheduled activities from. There are third-party developers that I could direct you to if you contact me by email but you would need to have a budget in the $ thousands to implement a third-party solution.  

So in terms of native Quickbase all you can really do is schedule the unscheduled appointments for say maybe the first Sunday of every month knowing that you don't work on Sundays and then you have to drag from that Sunday to where you wanted to go.  But I think if you were dragging within a month he won't be able to set the time properly so you might have to kind of flip back-and-forth between a monthly view and a weekly view in order to be able to set both the date and the times.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com