Forum Discussion

CINDYKRAUSCH
Qrew Member
2 months ago

QB Trending Reports

Can someone help me with QB Trending Reports?  My Leadership is looking for changes overtime in the data.

Best Regards!

Cindy Krausch

Workforce Operations & Automation - Access, Roles and Config (ARC)

U-Verse CRM and ARC QuickBase  Administrator, Salesforce BW and MyAgentTools Backup Administrator, Tools and Data Analytics Developer

CUSTOMER ADVOCACY & SERVICE

125 Corporate Office Dr, Earth City, MO 63045

CK2456@att.com
(636) 667-9681 (cell)

Serve Customers First + Move Faster + Act Boldly + Win As One

5 Replies

• Can you explain a bit more about your data?  But typically you would use a chart where the X axis is the Date grouped by week or month and the Y axis would be what you are measuring. 

You can also use Summary reports if they prefer to see numbers.  Again, one of the groupings for the summary report would be a date field, and grouped by say week or month.  Often with Summary reports the date field is use as a column group and the regular row grouping are used to categorize what is being measured.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CINDYKRAUSCH
      Qrew Member

Hi Mark:

My leadership likes the various QB Leadership Dashboard reporting I have built in QB for the access team.  They look at the unassigned Intake/Request queues daily, and  regularly look at the various dashboards in the Access QB leadership dashboard (screenshot below). 

One of the things that I think would be helpful for my leadership is to get some of this information trending over time.

For example, the unassigned ticket queue that I get in email (and is the same as that top left chart) are snapshots for that particular day – but I am interesting in seeing the daily trends over time like "Cristy Swink BB Multi-Product Create a New Account" had 4 unassigned as of the email this morning, but if I look at yesterday's report there was only 1.  This would probably end up being a line chart with a lot of lines, and that's fine.  They are not really looking for anything pretty at first – just trying to get a better since of what the trends look like.

My Leadership has have been copying the daily results into excel and creating a chart there, but do you know of a way that you could built that directly into QB?  This isn't urgent, but I figured I would ask you to see if there is a better way than what I'm doing now  

Basically, my leadership is wanting a daily trending report.  But I'm unsure how to capture that in Quickbase.

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I'm asking, and we can chat live.

Best Regards!

Cindy Krausch

Workforce Operations & Automation - Access, Roles and Config (ARC)

ARC QuickBase  Administrator and Data Analytics Developer

CUSTOMER ADVOCACY & SERVICE

125 Corporate Office Dr, Earth City, MO 63045

CK2456@att.com
      (636) 667-9681 (cell)

Serve Customers First + Move Faster + Act Boldly + Win As One

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Thx for the additional explanation.  So your issue is that you need to capture some values each night such as the # of unassigned tickets.

I suggest making a special table Summary Totals.  Create exactly one record in that table and then lock down so no one, even admin cannot add or delete.  The Record ID# will be 1.

Make a relationship back to any details tables you like where the reference field on the child side is a formula numeric field with a formula of 1.

Use the relationship to roll up any summary totals you want.

Then create pipeline to run every day to add those summary totals to a daily stats table where you will have a field for the date, and then a bunch of fields for all the values that you want to capture and record each night.

Post ack if you need any help with the pipeline once you have the structure all set up.  The fiorst step of the pipeline would be in the Quickbase Chanel to "Lookup Record" and you know the [Record ID#] will be 1.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com