Forum Discussion

MarkLaudon
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Quickbase Webhook to JSON

I've been stuck on this for a bit.

So I am trying to pass JSON from a quickbase webhook to Everbridge, but quickbase is separating the multi-select values by semicolons instead of commas. If I try replacing the semicolon with a comma using a formula, JSON ends up treating the list as a singular string. If I try adding double quotation marks, the backslash comes through on the webhook so the JSON still treats everything as a single value.

Anyone ran into this problem before or know a way on getting the multi-select field to pass through proper JSON on the webhook?

------------------------------
Mark Laudon

9 Replies

• Use a pipeline to convert that field using:   {{a.your_field|tojson}}  and store the output in another field.   That should format it correctly.   I do something similar with a few fields that I use to build a JSON to send to an external service.

Your pipeline will have 2 steps -   
    A.  Triggers on record updated,  when that field is updated.
    B.   Update record,  write the value to your JSON holding field using  {{a.your_field|tojson}}

Example:

Here I am stringifying the field [Technical Instructions] and writing the output to [Technical Instructions JSON] (which is a text type field) for later use.

Jeff Peterson
      MarkLaudon
      Qrew Member
      Thanks for the quick response! I currently don't have access to pipelines, but am looking to gain access to see if I do the way you said. 

Do you have any other ideas/methods on achieving the same end result?

Mark Laudon
        JeffPeterson1
        Qrew Captain

You need to 'stringify' the output of your field to a format that works in JSON.   You would either need to use my method above,  or write a text formula that can format it properly for JSON.    

Can you share a example of what your field output looks like?

Jeff Peterson