Forum Discussion

ElenaLarrabee1
Qrew Captain
8 months ago

QuickBooks Online APIs & oauth

Hey all, I'm in the very beginning stages of setting up a couple of API calls (send via "make request" step in pipelines) to QuickBooks Online. I have searched for an example of a successful implementation somewhere in the forums but can't find one. The article on Base-Books pipelines makes a reference at the very end to more information regarding using API calls to add sub-customers and rates, but I haven't been able to find it. 

I've got all the QBO-side API documentation, but I'm a bit stuck and would just love to look through an actual functional API call. 

Does anyone have a good example they'd be willing to share with me, or know of an app with an example in the exchange maybe? 

Thank you! 

#quickbooks #APIsandcustomcode #Pipelines #oauth2

------------------------------
Elena Larrabee

8 Replies

• Good morning Elena, this is Marcelo ,  Can I know if you have any problem/issue whit API call?

Thak you

Marcelo Benavides Torres

Marcelo Benavides
  • Elena Im trying to figure out the Oauth setting too on the POST request. 

Username is Client ID
    Password is Client Secret

Token URL is https://oauth.platform.intuit.com/oauth2/v1/tokens/bearer
    Oauth credential placement is body
    URL is https://sandbox-quickbooks.api.intuit.com/v3/company/<company_id_here>/estimate?minorversion=1 (make sure you put your company ID in that URL)

But where do we set State and Scope?

here is a picture of how I got the OAuth working in Postman, I'm just having a hard time translating it to the Quickbase Post Request

Jamelle Legaspi
      ElenaLarrabee1
      Qrew Captain

Thank you Jamelle! 

For scope and state, is there a way to set them in the actual request body in the pipeline? I've been referencing the QBO API explorer, I wonder if they specify. 

Here's my very basic question - where are you actually going to get your client id and client secret? 

Elena Larrabee
        Jamelle
        Qrew Member

Elena, you get the client ID and secret by logging into the Quickbooks developer portal and creating a test application it's normally here

https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/myapps

They when you go there to the development Application, it's under Keys and Credentials. I also remembered to get it to work with Postman I needed a redirect URL to postman, but I think that's just to get the auth token to use in the post request. So hopefully after a Request, we can use the JSONP Response to parse out the Auth Token that is generated to then use in another request later. But right now I am stumped on where I would put State and Scope, because I just don't know.

Jamelle