Forum Discussion

HankHalverson
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Redirect button that pulls URL from another field

Hi,
I have one field that collects a URL input from the user and I am trying to make a button that will take the user inputted URL and redirect to it. Where I am having trouble is getting the button to grab the value in the other field. I was hoping someone who knows more than I could point me in the right direction.

Here is my code so far:
"<a class=\"Vibrant Primary\" style=\"width:310px; text-align: center;\" href=\"fid=213\" target=_blank>Go to Share Point</a>"

the "fid=213\" portion is the portion that I have been focusing in and what's in there right now is very wrong.

Thanks in advance!!
-Hank

------------------------------
Hank Halverson

2 Replies

• here is the generic format

var text Words = "Click here to display record";
    var text URL = URLRoot() &"db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#];

"<a class='Vibrant Primary'" & " a href=" & $URL & " target=_blank" & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

..... so it should be

var text Words = "Go to Share Point";
    var text URL = [my sharepoint URL data entry field];

"<a class='Vibrant Primary'" & " a href=" & $URL & " target=_blank" & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      HankHalverson
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Mark!
      Before I had a chance to comeback and check this I found another non-code solution. I made another URL field that is displayed as a button and made an automation that when an email was entered in the first field it would change the URL in the button field to the same email.

Hank Halverson