Forum Discussion

ReneJamis1
Qrew Member
10 months ago

Redirect to report in another table

1st let me apologize for the post if this answer has been provided in another post.  I Just Cant Get It. (Head ban on wall)!!!

Scenario:

in

default page allows users to select a list from a combobox. (List 1, List 2, etc)_.

Each list has different records.  Each record has a button that locks record x to the user that clied it and keeps others from editing that same record

Regardless of the list/record in the list that is selected, the default

.Form is displayed.

Form contains Formula URL field displayed as a button [Add Record] containing the following formula.

If(

="List 1",
    URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_B] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_29=" & URLEncode ([CID])& "&z=" & Rurl(),
    "")

When clicked

's default form is opened, CID is populated into that form, and other fields are displayed.  When saved, user is redirected back to
.Dafault Form where the [Add Record] button was clicked.  What I want is for the user to be redirected to the list they initially selected.

I've tried:

If(

="List 1",
    URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_B] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_29=" & URLEncode ([CID])& "&z=" & Rurl(https://quickbasecomain/blah),
    "")

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_B] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_29=" & URLEncode ([CID])& "&z=" & Rurl("https://quickbasecomain/blah"),
"")

var text RedrctURL = "https://...";
URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_B] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_29=" & URLEncode ([CID])& "&z=" & Rurl(RedrctURL),
"")

var text RedrctURL = "https://...";
URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_B] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_29=" & URLEncode ([CID])& "&z=" & Rurl($RedrctURL),
"")

I clearly need a URL Redirect for super dummies

So much for wanting to be a QB app developer.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

------------------------------
Rene Jamis

7 Replies

• I'm trying to understand your terminology here when you say this.  

in

default page allows users to select a list from a combobox. (List 1, List 2, etc)_.

Are you referring to the user selecting a dynamic filter on that table homepage report?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

ReneJamis1
      Qrew Member

No, the page has a dropdown that displays:
      List 1
      List 2
      List 3 
      etc.
      Each list generates a report with different records.
      Each record has a button "Claim", which when clicked, takes the user to the Default form for the table the report and page the dropdown is in, where the user clicks a 2nd button that reads [Add Record].
      The process itself works, but instead of the saved record returning to the Default Form where they clicked the Add Record button, I want to redirect the user to the list they clicked the "Claim" button.
      The reason for this is so the user doesn't have to click "Reports and Charts">"Claims List">"Select list from the dropdown">"Display Report".

Rene Jamis
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Maybe this is what you want.

// update the formula below to specify the Report ID to redirect to. ie change the10 11 and 12.

var text ReportNumber = Case(

"List 1", "10",

"List 2", "11",

"List 3", "12");

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_B] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_29=" & URLEncode ([CID])

& "&NextURL=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "a=q&qid=" & $ReportNumber)

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com