Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Related Field Help

I am going to TRY very hard to describe this accurately.  Thanks for your patience.

I have a simple cost tracking app.  Three tables - Agreements/POs/Invoices.  Each of those is a one to many relationship.  1 agreement has many POs, a PO has many invoices.  

On an Agreement record, I click "Add PO".  The first field that shows on this form is Related Agreement.  Love it.  In the picker it shows the attachment below.  When I pick the proper agreement, it shows me the Division when I want it to show me the Contract Description.  Second, I would also like for Vendor to be pulled automatically and shown in what would be the next field displayed.  I realize I only get to this form from a button, but I would still like to show the actual agreement and vendor, just for reference.  

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

2 Replies

• I have a longer explanation to give you about proxy fields that completely confused me a couple of decades ago but in answer to your question I think all you need to do is to change the record pick her fields which are to be found in the advanced properties of your contracts table and have the contract description be first.  Then choose the next two most to helpful fields for users to have displayed in drop-down list to help them pick records.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks, Mark.  I was messing around with proxy fields and wasn't getting there, and figured asking for help was better than beating my head against the proverbial brick wall.  As always, your solution worked great.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels