Forum Discussion

HannahEngelson
Qrew Trainee
9 months ago

Report Formulas

Hello there! I'm really new to Quickbase but I'm learning VERY quickly. I need to create a report that only shows employees who are 30 past their separation date and I'm trying to figure out report formulas. I cannot get anything that doesn't have some part of it that returns an error. I'm well versed in Excel and I'm getting the impression that these formulas are not the same. Can anyone help me out with a formula for this type of return? Thank you!

------------------------------
Hannah Engelson

2 Replies

• Hannah,

Welcome to the Quickbase world.  You should be warned that Quickbase is very addictive.

You may be overthinking your problem. You can just put in a regular filter, not a report formula,

Where [Separation Date] "is on or after" 30 "days in the past".

All of the above will be selected by drop downs, no coding at all.  The quotes " above are just me indicating the different drop down fields.  There is no syntax required for simple date filters.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

HannahEngelson
      Qrew Trainee

Mark,

This community is a beautiful thing! I'm so used to Excel formulas and making everything more complicated than it need to be. Thank you so much for your help!

Hannah Engelson
      Program Administrator, EFB and Distance Learning
      Endeavor Air, Inc. | 7500 Airline Dr. MS 06P, Minneapolis, MN 55450
      612-266-1719 (w) | 612-709-6819 (c)

Hannah.Engelson@EndeavorAir.com

http://www.endeavorair.com