Forum Discussion

CodiSmith1
Qrew Member
4 months ago

Required Fields

I have fields on the old form that are required but are still letting users save the form without the required fields. One field is a file attachment, and the other is a user field. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen, the person reviewing the form has to attach something in order to close it. I don't have any form rules mentioning the fields. During testing in a sandbox, I wasn't having any issues, but now that it's live it has happened a few times each week. 

Are there any known bugs for this? 

Thanks

------------------------------
Codi Smith

5 Replies

• Are your users allowed to Grid Edit or add another way besides the form? 

Chayce Duncan
      CodiSmith1
      Qrew Member

No, there is only one way to add a record. Also, I said that it's on the old form but the problem with the user field is on the new field. 

Codi Smith
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Do you mean the user field issue is on the new form? Not to bail on a solution but if the issue is with new forms your best bet is to submit a ticket to QB or bash it enough times until you can see how it might be happening while bugs with the new forms are worked out. If you have the field required on the form but it's not requiring it before your user saves then something about the form configuration isn't firing for QB to review. 

If you need the extra validation on the user field - you could try using a custom data rule to check that the user field is populated as a secondary precaution. Doesn't fix the bug on the form but at least some piece of mind in the interim. 

Chayce Duncan