Forum Discussion

LB
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

Saving record glitch

Hello, 

When the user clicks the table button to add a new record and then saved the record the screen will go back to the previously entered record instead of displaying the current entered and saved record - I'm not sure how to remedy this or if there are settings that can be adjusted within the main table buttons to add a new record?

Here is the order of operations for entering the record:

Started on the Member's table.

Click Add New Member.

Input member demographics.

Click Save and close.

***populated previous member record instead of new record just entered and saved

The user then has to go back to the member's table to locate the record they just saved to find the record. 

------------------------------
LB

9 Replies

• Can you clarify 'where' your users are clicking to add a new member? Are they on the table home page where you have the list report of Members, or are they on a Member form and clicking a formula-url to add a new member? 

Chayce Duncan
      LB
      Qrew Trainee

Not the table home page, but the table button that is displays on the form page as well - it's not a button embedded in the form, it's the button that is clicked at the top of a table to add a new record. 

LB
        TimD
        Qrew Trainee

in this Example:

you are on "Your First Test Table" on Record ID# 76. You click the button with the red circle.

You then get redirected to a form where you can enter your information

and when you press save, you get redirected back to Record ID# 76 form?

is that right?

Tim D
    LB
    Qrew Trainee

Commenting on this again as I haven't found a solution to this issue

LB
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

I tried and every time it lands on the newly created record. I can't get it to fail in the way you are describing. Does this happen with every table, or only a specific one? This may be something for customer support to look at.

Mike Tamoush
        AlexWilkinson
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        Mike and LB, are you both using the new form-builder? I've had similar frustrations with the new form-builder if the buttons are no-plain vanilla formula-URL fields displayed as buttons with "&z=" & Rurl() at the end of the URL formula.

Or to put it differently, the combination of new-style forms and rich-text buttons can be treacherous. Sometimes it help in to append "&aftersaveview-1" to a rich-text add-button that's on a new style form. That forces the original record to re-display in view mode after adding, say, a child or parent of that record.

Alex