Forum Discussion

ChanceStorey
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Search and replace

I was wondering if there was a way to "replace all" regarding users in a Quick Base realm. Idk if that is an unrealistic hope or not. One of our users is no longer with the company and is being replaced. The old user is set up everywhere; options for different fields in different apps, there are notifications set up for him, reports etc… I was hoping I didn't have to go in and find all of these and replace individually. 

2 Replies

• There is no magic wand to do that.   In hindsight,  it is better to design apps where there are tables to hold which users are assigned to work positions. That way it is easier to make the change on some supporting tables and have it flow into many places in the app as a post to heart coding these choices all over the place. 

What approaches to leave the user ID and email alive for the old user and monitor the incoming emails to then trace back and fix them.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
    ------------------------------
      ChanceStorey
      Qrew Member
      Forsure. Thanks. Utilizing the Groups function in Admin Console helps as well, in a broader sense. I was hoping someone somewhere sometime would have nerded out one night and created a magic wand.