Forum Discussion

KimCameron2
Qrew Trainee
3 months ago

Search Options

Good afternoon!  I am curious if there would be a way to have an initial search (that searches only phone numbers) on my dashboard and if no results are found, another search option is available?  My issue is that reps are not searching by phone initially and duplicate accounts(records) are being made.  I realize that I could make phone a unique field, but we do have some instances where there will be duplicates, so I have been holding off on doing that.  Or another possibility would be if phone number field could check for duplicates at entry prior to saving the record, but that would mean a lookup field and I do not want to do that.  Any advice...direction...is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim  

------------------------------
Kim Cameron

3 Replies

• A dashboard cannot be that dynamic, so you'll have to look into your idea of tagging duplicates per your comment. If you don't want to go the route of actually making the field unique - you could use a formula query to check the phone number that the user enters and check for existing records and if the count is > 1, meaning that phone # is already in there, then pop up a message saying that this phone number has already been entered and they should consider checking it before saving. 

Chayce Duncan
      KimCameron2
      Qrew Trainee

Thank you for your response.  That is exactly what I was afraid of.  

Kim Cameron
  • I believe we have a similar scenario and if there is a specific reason for duplicates that can be tied to another field like our example it works.

We have some items that have the same item numbers but a different vendor, so I created an additional field that is [item number] & [vendor]

I then made this the unique value field.

Zach Shumate