Forum Discussion

CharlotteMorin
Qrew Cadet
5 months ago

Subscriptions - direct different sections of the report to different people?

I have a report that needs to go out to 6 people weekly.

But, each needs to see only their own section of the report. The report does have their name on each of the records.

I don't see that the Subscription feature allows this, without writing 6 different reports different only in that they filter for one section.  I can then use 6 different subscriptions to send them out.

Wondering if there is a better way to do this.

------------------------------
Charlotte Morin

2 Replies

• re:Wondering if there is a better way to do this.

YES.

You need to find a way to put each respective Userid on the record as opposed to their name.

Then make a report called perhaps MY Open Projects with a filter of where the [Userid Field} equals "the current user" (that will be an option)

Then setup a Subscription to that report and ideally it should go to all users in certain Role(s).

Then you have one report with one subscription and each user will only receive a report with their own records on it,.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChayceDuncan
      Qrew Captain

To add some to Mark's comment - if it's the same 6 people and the same 6 sections - you can just make your own User field for this report specifically. It'll be hardcoded so if any of these people you'll have to change it - but that's an issue for later. So a formula like: 

If( 

[Section]="1", EmailToUser("person1@company.com"),

[Section]="2", EmailToUser("person2@company.com"),

[Section]="3", EmailToUser("person3@company.com"),

Then from Mark's suggestion just make a report where it's filtered by that field to _curuser_ and send it out as 1 subscription. 

Chayce Duncan