Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
2 months ago

Summary Formula?

Not sure if that's what I need to be doing.  See the table below.  I want to show Total Turnover Rate (not a field in my table), in addition to FT, PT and PTR turnover rate.  I was thinking that was a Summary Formula, but I can't work it out.  On the table, I have the averages worked out, but I don't know how to get them in the chart.

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

7 Replies

• It looks like you already have it by month in this table. Can you have an Employee Type Table that uses this table as a child. Then you can Roll up the totals and use a formula field to do the math.

Tammie King
      ChayceDuncan
      Qrew Captain

Tony - can you explain what you're trying to do that you're not able to get to work? This isn't a summary report, so if you're trying to calculate the rates based on the fields in this table then it's just your run of the mill formula field. If you're goal is to actually create a summary report that rolls these up by month - you can make a summary report so that you can at see the month as one line - and in there you can do a summary formula, or realistically since you only seem to have one row per employee type per month as is, you could just create the formula field on the row and just sum it in the summary report since a PTR record wouldn't have any FT values to do math for and would be adding 0 to your summary column. 

Chayce Duncan
        TonyGonzalez
        Qrew Trainee

Chayce, I will try again.  Thanks for the feedback.  With this table, I have a chart that shows turnover by FT, PT and PTR.  So, three series.  That part is easy.  I would like a fourth series that is total turnover.  To get that number, I have to average the total employee count and add the monthly turnover rate.  I can see the correct numbers at the bottom of the table, but I can't figure out how to do the formula myself to make it show as another series in the same chart.  (A stacked bar could work, but that's not really the best option here for a couple of reasons.)  Using the total and everages options for the FT, PTR and PT, Total Employees in their field options gets me there in a table, but I need to show it in a chart.

I think I have to use some sort of Summary Formula or Variable, but the formula I thought would work isn't.  

This pic is of my current chart.  It is exactly what I want.  I just need to add a fourth series that is total turnover rate.  But, I don't have that as a specific field and not sure how to make it happen.  

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
        IT Director City of New Braunfels